As a sponsor, you’ll help provide your student with a top-rate education, school meals, medical care, clean water, school uniforms, books, school supplies, and sanitary napkins for girls. You can look forward to receiving photos and updates from your student throughout the year so you can see how you are empowering these children to succeed.
Meet Wycliff, age 8.
Wycliff’s parents are both farmers. The youngest of seven children, Wycliff spends his time taking care of his parents’ small herd of cows and goats after school. If there is still daylight after he’s done, Wycliff loves to play soccer with his friends and neighbors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my money go directly to my student and their family?
As a sponsor, you are connected to just one child. However, sponsored children do not receive direct cash benefits. Your monthly donation is pooled for maximum effectiveness - meaning sponsored children do not receive these funds directly. Your support is combined with those of other sponsors to fund long-term community development programs that benefit your sponsored student and their community, as well as other children in need.
How long is my sponsorship commitment?
Your sponsorship is an ongoing commitment that helps your sponsored child and their community create better lives for themselves and their families. We work with children from the moment they become a Nyaka student, usually around age 5, all the way through vocational training or University. You may stop your sponsorship at any time but your ongoing support allows you to see your student grow and mature from a young child into a future leader!
Is this child “real”? Do others sponsor the same child?
Each child is matched with only one sponsor. We work diligently to ensure every Nyaka student has the opportunity to be sponsored. Through this sponsorship you have the opportunity to create a relationship with your student through letters, pictures and videos. Several sponsors have visited their students in rural Uganda, and we welcome you to do the same!
What your sponsored student gets
- First-rate education at Nyaka schools
- Two meals a day for primary students; three meals a day for secondary/vocational students
- Access to clean water
- School uniforms
- Books and school supplies
- Sanitary napkins, vaccinations, and free or low-cost healthcare for students and their caregivers
What you get when you sponsor a student
- Welcome packet with information on your child
- A thank-you letter from your sponsored child and the opportunity to communicate as much as you’d like
- Yearly child photo and updates
- Regular newsletters with special content exclusive to sponsors
- The knowledge that you are helping change this child’s life!